Friday, October 2, 2009

The Art Competition

Well, the Art Guild of Eastern Arizona, of which I am a member, recently had an art and photography competition and show. Before becoming a member of the art guild, I would never have considered entering a contest. It would have been too scary.

That’s a good reason to join groups or organizations that have the same interests. By joining the art guild, I have become a better artist, and by joining a writer’s guild I have become a better writer. Below are some of my watercolors and photos that earned first places in their category.

These two watercolors aren't new, but this is their first time in our competition. I did have another painting that earned first place, but I don't have a photo of it yet. Perhaps another day I'll share it.
This is the very first year that I've entered a photograph in any competition. I've been tempted several times to enter photography contests that I've read about, but chickened out at the last minute. I took this picture in Phoenix at the Wild Animal Park. I call them Lemurs, but someone else who saw them wondered if they weren't Mercats. Does anyone know for sure?



2 comments:

JAMAL said...

I love the chicken picture! It brings me joy!

Rev. Dave said...

Those are ring-tailed lemurs. Meerkats look like Timon in Lion King.