Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thoughts on Life

Where does the time go? We moved to a small town to kick back a bit, take time to smell the roses. But, instead of kicking back, we've become busier than ever. It goes to show that you can take the horse out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the horse. Haha, a little country humor there.
It's got to end somewhere though, because It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to lose things--to be forgetful. I went to put on my watch Sunday, but before I got it strapped to my wrist, I lost it. I searched for two days for that silly thing, and only found it after asking my kids if they had seen it. My daughter found it in the bathroom under my blouse.
Today, my husband invited me out to lunch. We got to the restaurant and were seated when I remembered a small amount of ground beef that I had been warming on the stove when he called. I didn't remember turning off the gas. My husband handed me the keys and I rushed home to discover my home was safe--I had turned the stove off. Now, I refuse to even consider the idea that these events are because of increased age. No, it's definately due to overscheduling every moment of my life. What I need is a vacation.

1 comment:

Marsha Ward said...

Overscheduling, that's for sure.