Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm learning how to make quilt blocks. My last effort at quilt making was just after my first child was born. I thought all good mothers made quilts. Mine turned out horribly. I threw it away and never attempted it again. Tonight, 32 years later, as I was cutting brand new fabric into narrow strips--to sew together--and then cut into small squares, only to then sew them all back together again--I just had to laugh at the silliness of it all.

I am not a quilt maker and I never will be. But the fabric is pretty, and I love pretty fabric. I also love pretty quilts--I just don't like making them. I do it because it's a good excuse to get out of the house for a couple hours for the lesson. Plus, I get to visit with a few women and have some good conversation.

Hey, I was bragging about how pretty the road from Roosevelt Lake to Apache Junction was. I took some pictures to show off. This one is a picture of the lake and part of Four Peaks--and yes, that is snow.





Now, this next one is a view from the dam and looking through the bridge. I think it's rather clever. As you can see, it's a beautiful day in February.




This crow (above) didn't want his picture taken. He started to fly away while I was adjusting my zoom. I like this picture better than the one I was taking.

This is a breathtaking view of the canyon. I have dozens of other pictures, but with this one, you can see that Arizona has views to rival those in Zion's National Park in Utah.

1 comment:

JAMAL said...

I love these photos! I can't believe we live so near something so scenic. You're a writer, an artist, a fabulous cook, and now a photographer, too? Do the talents ever cease?