Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AUTHOR CHAT WITH ANNA DELC

As many of you know, I occasionally interview authors on my blog. Today, I'm visiting with Anna delC, a multi-published author with a new book coming out soon.
Thank you so much for bringing me to visit your blog, Tina. It is always a pleasure to be with your friends. 

I’m glad to have you. Please tell us about your new book.
It is called Emerine’s Nightmare and is for children. The protagonist is a boy that is persecuted by dark fairies. They have killed his parents and now it’s his turn.

What other characters are in this book?
Humans, fairy boys & girls and the son of the Sun God. 

Why a fairy book?
It was a challenge I gave myself. I never read a book with fairies and wondered if I could write one. So I read one story on the internet and wrote Amerine - Fairy Princess. That is what this story was originally called.

Really how interesting. Why change the main character from a girl to a boy?
I changed my mind when I went to a class and we were told that there was a shortage of boys’ books on the market. That gave me the idea to turn her into a boy. It was a lot of work but it turned out well.

Who should read Emerine’s Nightmare?
Children from 6-years-old up. Especially boys…I double dare you!!!

Is it true you received an award for this book already?
Yes. When it was “Amerine - Fairy Princess” it won second place in a short story contest. Then when I changed it to a boy protagonist and it became “Fairy Prince” it won first place in a first page contest.

So, it started as a short story and developed into what you now have?
Yes, from Amerine Fairy - Princess (2500 words) to Emerine’s Nightmare (12615 words.)

 How is Emerine’s Nightmare different from your other published books?
It has a boy protagonist and the theme is darker than I am accustomed to. This Halloween-y tale really breaks the mold.

Since we are on that topic of broken molds, do you plan to break any other molds?
Yes. There is a shortage of boys’ books especially between 4th – 7th graders and I want to try my hand at helping fill that void.

Do you have anything in mind?
I just finished the rough draft of the first of a new series for boys called “The Intergalactic PI.” Then it will come the title of that book “In the case of …”

Can you tell us more?
It is about an 11-year-old boy who is a genius and his parents don’t know it. He is so bored with the pretence of his normal life that he decides to have an alternate life. His genius helps him create an almost human robot and the two of them travel the galaxies investigating crime.

Sounds like fun! But what about your Elf series? Are you done with them?
No. My elf series is to close to my heart and, like I have said before, there are 7 books in that series. The next stand-alone book, the fifth in that series, is called “The Royal Elf of Abalon.”

When will we see it on the market?
It is in the editing process right now and will come out about April of next year. 
How wonderful. Elfs books, fairy books and now intergalactic books--it seems like you have something for everyone’s taste.
I hope so. It is so fun to write that I can’t help it. And I do appreciate your time and that of your readers.
Well, Anna, it's time to let everyone know where they can find copies of your books, and thank you for stopping by.
Thank you for having me, Tina.
As for the books, here are the links:

Emerine’s book in Kindle (only $3.99):

Barnes and Noble (only $3.99):
Ebook (only $2.00):


7 comments:

Writers Unite to Fight Cancer said...

Nice interview.
Anna's new fairy book is very interesting.
Margaret Turley

Jennifer Griffith said...

Great interview, Tina!

Anna del C. Dye said...

This post looks really great, Tina. Thanks for your time and help.
Thanks Margaret and Jennifer.

Anna del C.
Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
http://www.annadelc.com

Tina Scott, author, artist said...

Thanks guys for your comments. I love it when people stop by for a visit.

Stephanie Black said...

Ooh, Emerine's Nightmare sounds very interesting and creepy! Thanks for posting this interview!

Marsha Ward said...

Nice interview, Tina and Anna! I'll have to check these books out.

Anna del C. Dye said...

Thank you, Stephanie and Marsha. :)