Friday, February 10, 2012

A YEAR OF PEACE AND HAPPINESS

It’s a new year; do you have any new goals?
I do.
My goal this year is to be nicer. The world, it seems, is full of people who aren’t nice, who are stressed, having a bad day, or downright mean. This year, I would like to stand apart from the grouches and cranks. I would like to make a difference in someone’s life—for the better.
If I can be the reason for one person’s happy thought, or a ray of sunshine for someone’s soul, then I will know that I’m on my way to becoming a better person.

I've had a month now to work on this goal. Sometimes I know when I've accomplished it, and other times I'm not sure if I've done anything or not. Isn't that the way it is though? We can only do our best and hope for the best. We don't always know how our attitudes and efforts affect others.
At the school that I work at, the principal is trying to get everyone to work together for PEACE. He wants 100 days without fighting. That's a hard goal for so many people to try to accomplish. Especially when it's so easy to get angry on the playground. Someone pushes, someone shoves, tempers flare. Unfortunately we didn't make our first 100 days and had to start trying again. But this is the thing, if we don't succeed at first--at least we tried. Don't give up! We are farther along with having tried, and we can start on our goals again tomorrow.

May we each meet our goals for a happier tomorrow.

No comments: